Saturday, July 12, 2014

I Have the Answer!

When I want to make something and I really don't want it to fail, I turn to Smitten Kitchen. I have never been disappointed by her recipes and, this time, I wasn't just pleased. I think this recipe just changed my life.

I often crave some sort of cookie. I never have anything specific in mind and there is not a cookie at the grocery store that would satisfy me. I know that something homemade would do the trick, but the effort involved in making multiple pans of individual cookies makes me want to lay down and take a nap.

These blondies are the ultimate answer. They have a cookie feel and flavor, but they can get mixed up and baked within 45 minutes. They are just as flexible as promised. Today I chose to add chocolate chips, sunflower seed and chopped dried apricots. I would have included the apricots in the photo, but I ate them all before the baking was done. I could not help myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment